Tuesday, April 7, 2015

C4T #3

I was assigned to Jeff Delp again for this round of comments for teachers. I love his blog! He focuses a lot on the government side of education and following policies, which really interests me. In his most recent post, The Marginalization of Children, he speaks about how it is important for each child to have the same access to education as any other student. Students should not be treated any differently because of their parents' income or any other possessions they may have. Every child deserves a quality education, and should be given one.

In my comment, I agreed with him. Children cannot help the situations they were born into, and should not be treated differently because of it. Every child deserves a great education and people devoted to ensuring that they get it.

In Jeff Delp's most reent blog post, Empathy and Difference Making Matter, he talks about how important it is for teachers to maintain a good relationship with their students. He believes that as long as teachers care and are empathetic, they will produce students who therefore turn into good people. He then uses this as a means to ask for donations for the 6:8 Project which is wanting to build an orphanage in Haiti.

http://www.jeffdelp.com/2015/04/02/empathy-and-difference-making-matter/


In my comment, I told him that we thought in very similar ways. It is very important for students and their teachers to have a good relationship. I told him that I hope that the orphanage in Haiti gets built and I'm sure it would benefit many children.

No comments:

Post a Comment