Sunday, April 12, 2015

Blog Post 12

What assistive technologies are available to you as a teacher? 

Assistive technology is technology that helps anyone with a disability perform at a better level.  There are numerous assistive technologies for people who are blind, deaf, or even cannot use their arms and legs properly. There are many apps for smartphones, computers, and iPads to help students with disabilities learn. These are used often and display here: iPad usage for the blind.

I think this is awesome that these apps are available to me. Considering I will be certified to teach special ed when I graduate college, I really have to know how to teach students with disabilities. These technologies will help make me a better teachers as I will be able to reach out to more students.

http://pixshark.com/assistive-technology-clipart.htm
Add caption

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, Great post! I think the use of all these different technology will really help student with disabilities to not feel left out in the learning process.

    ReplyDelete