Thursday, February 26, 2015

C4K

In Saysha's blog, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, she gave a summary of a popular book, called The Fault in Our Stars. This book is about teenagers who fall in love, but also have to battle cancer. Having read the book and seen the movie, I thought her summary was very good. She did not disclose the ending, with an intention not to ruin the surprise for those who hadn't read the book.

In my comment, I wrote about how cancer has affected my family. It can be so hard to lose someone so close to you because of an illness, but it is a part of life. I told her that she had written a great post and that I hoped she would continue reading and writing about her favorite books.



In Summer's post, The Bridge From Me Too You, she summarized a book that she had read about two kids who were getting ready to go to college. They were both facing problems about what they wanted to do for their future. They were being pressured by their parents to go down paths they didn't want to go down. She didn't disclose the ending, in hopes that the reader of the blog would read the book.

In my comment, I introduced myself as a student here at South. I told her that the book sounded really interesting. It can be difficult to choose what to do after high school, but usually everything will work itself out. As a college student, I told her I could relate to the characters in the book.



Eden wrote about the current Chronicles of Narnia book that he is reading, The Silver Chair. He discussed the book and what was going on at his current page. After updating, he wrote that he would tell more on his following post about what happens next.

In my comment, I told him that I enjoyed those books when I was younger and that I hope he would like them as much as I did. They are awesome books for children and teenagers to read.



Ken from Mrs. Maslowski's class wrote about Charles Hamilton Houston and his impact on the civil rights movement. He was a lawyer and dean at Howard University. He worked to put an end to Jim Crow laws and attacked the separate but equal theory. He also worked in the NAACP and took part in almost every civil rights court case from 1930 to 1954.

In my comment,  I told him how awesome it was that we have a month where we can celebrate those who have worked so hard for equal rights for everyone. Charles Hamilton Houston was an awesome person with tremendous character. I am thankful for what he accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment