Thursday, February 12, 2015

Blog Post #5

Personal Learning Networks

A personal learning network is a set of people or tools that you can call upon for help, professional advice, new ideas, or for any other instances where you may need assistance. 

According to Welcome to My PLE!, personal learning networks are very useful for organization. Many thoughts, ideas, facts, and opinions can be placed in one's personal learning network. These are constantly being updated and used for research, especially by students. For educators, they can be used to connect with other teachers and professionals for different techniques to use in the classroom. For me, this part is really exciting and will be extremely useful! 

Screen Shot 2014-03-27 at 8.10.22 AM

Personal learning networks are formed by creating an account with a website that provides these. (For my PLN, I used Symbaloo.) Once you hold an account, you can add many different sites to your network. These can be blogs, news sites, or research news. It is whatever YOU make it! If you are into criminal justice, you can make a criminal justice PLN. If you are into spending time outdoors, you can make a PLN for that, too! The opportunities are endless. 

I am using Symbaloo to create my PLN. I am going to add sites that stay up to date with teaching and technology. I have already created my account, and have researched many different sources I can add to it. These will mostly be teacher blogs, but there will be other sources as well. 

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job explaining what PLN's are. I especially like how you mentioned that anyone can use PLN's for any interests that they may have. I am also using Symbaloo to build my own PLN. Symbaloo seems to be a really great resource, and I wish I had heard about it sooner.

    ReplyDelete