Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog Post

Outline

  • Mississippi native
  • Enthusiasm for teaching and learning
  • Love the outdoors and exercise
  • Family oriented

My name is Sarah Glenn, and I am from Franklin Creek, Mississippi. It is a very small, rural community on the outskirts of the city of Moss Point. I graduated from Moss Point High School in 2013. Growing up, the University of South Alabama was never a college prospect for me. However, the summer before my senior year, I took a campus tour and fell in love with the buildings, scenery, and people that I met. Thus, I ended up in Mobile, Alabama and I am thankful that this is where I was meant to be. Not only am I at an awesome university, I'm not far from my family, which really makes me happy. It is so important to me that I spend time with my family members and maintain healthy relationships with each of them. 

I am majoring in elementary education. I have a passion for not only children and teaching, but learning as well. I truly believe that knowledge is power, and with a solid education, a person can do anything he or she puts his mind to. 

Throughout my life, I have spent a lot of time outdoors. Whether it was playing softball (a sport I played for 14 years!), hunting, fishing, boating, or just running around outside with my siblings and cousins, I've always enjoyed nature and getting my hands dirty. Even though I'm older and busier now with school and work, I make sure to find time for a run through a trail or work outside with my dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment